Dieting requires patience, perseverance and awareness. Moreover, moderation is the key to achieving your ideal state of body and mind. You don't need supplements and surgeries to make a difference. Small and simple steps will eventually lead to concrete and long lasting results. The best diet suggestions by Dr Oz provide actions for your daily routine that will truly help you lose unwanted pounds.
1. Set fixed intervals for your meals. When you plan your eating schedule beforehand, your body will get used to moderate intake. This also prevents binge eating, which usually leads to food addiction and endless cravings.
2. Start meditating regularly. Stress leads to unhealthy food choices, which means that the proper mindset will help redirect your cravings.
3. Drink water regularly. Water cleanses toxins in your body and keeps you hydrated.
4. Stick to your grocery list when shopping. Focus on this to avoid being lured into aisles that contain food that will only satisfy you momentarily, but will not help you with your goals.
5. Eat your food slowly. Indulge in light conversations during meals so you don't take more than what's necessary to make you full. This over calculation happens when you solely focus on eating fast.
6. Use smaller plates for your meals. Visuals can contribute to your cravings, and big plates only mean bigger servings. If you want to keep your portions in check, then a 9-inch plate will serve you just right.
7. Don't fry everything that you plan to eat. Learn to cook in different ways as there are healthier alternatives to frying. Try poaching, broiling and roasting for variety.
8. Take frequent walks before you start your day. Walking makes you feel refreshed and ready to start a new day. It will also help you develop a positive outlook not only with your food choices, but also with life in general.
9. Bring healthy packs to snack on. When you get hungry in between hours and can't help but eat, at least you can stick to your healthy regimen.
10. Get enough sleep. Make sure that you sleep on time so that you are well rested. This way, you can stick to your eating schedule and not have to depend on caffeine or other energy boosting products to last through the day.
11. Avoid eating junk foods. Yes, they are accessible and "instant," but processed chips and the likes tend to trigger overeating. Not to mention, chips have a high concentration of salt and cholesterol.
12. Keep track of your progress. When you set a daily, weekly or monthly goal, you have something to look forward to. So instead of just letting things be, make sure you are aiming for your milestones slowly but surely!
There are many tips and suggestions that you can work on while journeying towards a healthier lifestyle. As mentioned earlier, you don't need grand and drastic measures at this point in time. Just take things slowly, do your routines in moderation and keep hitting goals to keep yourself motivated. Once you incorporate the best diet suggestions by Dr Oz into your lifestyle, you will enjoy the long lasting effects of their benefits.